At Opal, we believe enterprise software should be beautiful, simple and designed for the job at hand. Opal is a collaboration platform, built for brand marketing teams to produce, organize and govern creative content.
The Opal StoryFirst™ framework empowers teams with a dedicated environment to visualize and deploy campaigns across all marketing channels, reducing complexity and aligning teams for better marketing results. Our customers are creative, passionate people and, through a platform tailored to their specific needs, we’re helping them rediscover the best parts of their jobs.
Our team is deeply invested in creating a culture that promotes design thinking, collaboration and a passion for excellence. We are building a world class lineup of creative and strategic thinkers that work together as a team to revolutionize the modern marketing organization.
As the Director of Global Sales Operations, you will report into the VP of Sales & Business Development and lead the continued development of Opal’s global sales operations initiative and team. You will act cross-functionally to define and execute sales processes including the construction, analyzing and projecting of accurate pipelines, working with business leaders to evaluate, optimize and enforce best practice flows and use of Salesforce.com, define and execute sales readiness, and ensuring accurate information flow across sales, marketing, customer success, finance and executive leadership.
A successful candidate enjoys working in a collaborative, innovative and very fast paced culture, is self-motivated and passionate about leveraging your experience of building a high-growth global sales operations team and wants to be part of a special community and company.
- Refine and standardize sales processes across the organization to improve operational efficiency, sales productivity and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in the development of the sales plan including territory and vertical alignment, quota models, and organization structure.
- Prepare forecasts and KPI reporting for the sales leadership and executive management, for use in organizational planning, financial forecasting, budget setting and strategic planning.
- Monitor the accuracy and efficient distribution of reports and other documentation and intelligence essential to the sales organization.
- Provide support for sales teams regarding deal structure to ensure financial responsibility while accommodating the customer needs.
- Drive analytical support and provide leadership to improve strategies, coverage models and sales team configurations to optimize sales effectiveness.
- Implement and continuously reinvigorate the technologies, systems and other tools that provide stable and usable systems that increase sales efficiency and effectiveness, primarily Salesforce.com.
- Lead and manage the QBR process; ensure adequate enterprise-level account planning takes place
- Through automated means, ensure all pricing and discounts are managed to conditions as defined and approved by designated Opal leadership.
- Provides leadership and direction to develop Sales training and enablement programs.
Skills & Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in Sales environment and Sales Operations roles
- B.A. or B.S. in Business or Finance
- Strong financial acumen and experience managing orders & revenue forecasting, sales productivity metrics, and sales expense planning
- Strong Global Sales operations experience
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries.
- Experience with Salesforce.com or similar CRM and quoting tools
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous improvement attitude; ability to suggest and implement best practices.
- Effective managing change and operating in dynamic business environment
- Strong executive communication skills
- A full-time, salaried position
- Full healthcare coverage (health, dental, vision, FSA)
- Short-term disability insurance
- Early-stage stock options
- Company-sponsored outreach & activity programs
- A tight-knit, very supportive team — we pride ourselves on our culture
- A fun, open office with ping pong, video games and snacks for days
- Exposure to some of the biggest brands on the planet